[Haskell-cafe] pcre-light install fails with undefined reference to _impure_ptr

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 04:50:49 EST 2009

2009/12/27 Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com>:

> I'll try next with MinGW to see if that works...

Aye, it builds fine under MinGW.

I built and installed PCRE (c & c++ library) from the source
(./configure, make, make install), though I think there is a package
available on the msys / MinGW repository.

Then I installed pcre-light via runhaskell Setup ... rather than cabal install.

The source build of the C library puts the headers in
C:\msys\1.0\local\include and the libs in C:\msys\1.0\local\lib so the
runhaskell commands were (remembering that runhaskell on Windows takes
directory names with double win-slash):

$ runhaskell Setup.lhs configure
--extra-lib-dirs=C:\\msys\\1.0\\local\\lib
--extra-include-dirs=C:\\msys\\1.0\\local\\include

$ runhaskell Setup.lhs build

$ runhaskell Setup.lhs install

Best wishes

Stephen