[Haskell-cafe] Video for Linux (v4l) library for Haskell

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:17:38 EST 2009

Hackage and Google turn up nothing¹, so I am asking here; has anyone written
a v4l library for Haskell?

I have been reading the v4l documentation² and I am ready to implement a
Haskell interface for webcams, but it would be a waste of effort if
someone's already got one knocking about. I could hack on theirs!

Cheers!

Christopher Done

¹ In fact, the only Google result is a posting to this mailing list asking
if there is a v4l library to which the single response is "no, write an FFI
interface".
² http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~sayles/VFL_HowTo/ and
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~sayles/VFL_HowTo/Video4LinuxAPI.html