[Haskell-cafe] Upgraded to GHC 6.12 and can't find anything

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:30:49 EST 2009

Gregory Propf <gregorypropf at yahoo.com> writes:

> I finally compiled and installed GHC 6.12 on my Linux system and it seems to be failing to find a lot of things.  Notably these
>
> import Control.Monad
> import Control.Monad.State
> import Control.Monad.Trans
> import Control.Parallel

A lot of these kinds of modules were not actually part of GHC but
installed as part of GHC's "extralibs" packages (which is being replaced
by the Haskell platform).

You can get the first three modules by installing mtl and the last by
installing parallel, both of which can be found on Hackage.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com