[Haskell-cafe] hslogger bugs or features - patches

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Feb 3 15:55:15 EST 2009

Hi Marc,

I have pushed to my hslogger repo the optional priority for a logger
support that we talked about, which is the Haskell version of Python's
NOTSET.  It is currently untested and represents only a minor API
change.  Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.  It adds one
new function to the API (clearLevel) and changes the return type of
getLevel.  Other than that, the changes are pretty much hidden from the
public interface.

I looked at your git repo, but I'm not going to pull anything from it
right this minute.  I would consider your performance change, but it was
wrapped up with half a dozen other things in a single commit so I
couldn't extract just it.

If you would split up your changes into small bite-sized diffs, where
each one makes exactly one change and is documented, I would be happy to
take another look.  As it is, each patch is touching too many unrelated
areas for me to really bring them in.  (I don't want API changes just
for a performance improvement.)

hslogger is used by a bunch of code all over the place, so I want to be
very careful about what I do to it to avoid causing a lot of hassle for
a lot of people.

-- John