[Haskell-cafe] Re: Elegant & powerful replacement for CSS

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Tue Feb 3 17:06:55 EST 2009

wren ng thornton <wren at freegeek.org> wrote:

> I can see LaTeX as demonstrating that there is no such (single)
> language. It seems to me that the elementary units (chapters,
> sections, paragraphs,...) depend almost entirely on the domain of the
> document (a book, an article,...).

This is what I had in mind while I tried to write the plumbing to agar
objects: Defining your own widgets. A library to do this, it seems
would consist of things like ActionProducers instead of Buttons, and
TextInput instead of TextBoxen and ListBoxen... that is, of Event ()'s
and Behaviour/Event String's, alongside with high-level renderers,
coupled with a feedback mechanism, that'll then be called Button and
TextBox. A Listbox is already made out of such primitives, but this
should be transparent to the developer.

Another most important thing that I really want to have, is to enable
the end-user to edit presentation, in a sensible way, like
re-specifying the width of textboxen, add additional hiding panes etc.