[Haskell-cafe] Re: Elegant & powerful replacement for CSS

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Tue Feb 3 17:14:29 EST 2009

Malcolm Wallace <malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> I would go with Bret Victor's argument (http://worrydream.com/
> MagicInk/) that the concept of user interface as primarily
> _interaction_ is misguided.

I tend to disagree. But then I'm a game developer, not an HTML monk...
what definitely makes sense, though, is to divide the gui visually
along presentation of the world vs. presentation of your interface to
the world. "presentation of your interface to the world" subsumes such
things as the marker on the minimap that shows which part you are
looking at, and what tool you selected to interact with it (say zoom,
smudge, paintbrush)