[Haskell-cafe] Temporarily overriding Data.Generics

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:54:15 EST 2009

Hi

I'm currently working on "hacking" Data.Generics for my master thesis.
I'm basically trying to find out whether it can be made a bit faster
using e.g. rewrite rules. The problem I'm having is that I need an
easy way to import my own modified version of Data.Generics (currently
located in the same directory as my testing program) without
unregistering or hiding syb-0.1.0.0 as base seems to depend on it.

I've read the GHC user manual trying to find nice ways to do this
using a bunch of different parameters to ghc, but I can't figure it
out. Does anyone here know?

Any help appreciated,
Deniz