[Haskell-cafe] Automation and COM

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Feb 6 00:14:05 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:55 AM, Günther Schmidt <redcom at fedoms.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone yet been using Sigbjorns COM package?
>
> Sigbjorn hasn't had the time yet to gather some docs on how to use it, so I
> wonder if someone else could post some examples on how to use it. I'm asking
> because I need to do some COM stuff with excel, which I know how to do in
> another language, but can't seem to get it even started with haskell.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I just used the package for a project at work. Unfortunately, due to the
nature of the project I can't post the code here. I'll try to work up a
contrived example to demonstrate how to use it a bit, but e-mail me if you
have any direct questions. I won't claim to be an expert, but I was able to
pass some SAFEARRAYs to methods and such.

Michael