[Haskell-cafe] Happstack 0.1 Released!

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Feb 6 12:30:59 EST 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Don Stewart wrote:

> andrewcoppin:
>> Jochem Berndsen wrote:
>>> The HAppS project has been abandoned, see
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/HAppS/msg/d128331e213c1031 .
>>>
>>> The Happstack project is intended to continue development. For more
>>> details, see http://happstack.com/faq.html .
>>>

>> So we've got HAppS, Happstack, WASH, Turbinado, probably others... Does
>> anybody know how all these relate to each other? Where their strengths
>> and weaknesses lie?
>>
>> It's nice to have choice, but without knowing what you're choosing
>> between, it's hard to use it well.
>>

> A comparative analysis of the 10+ Haskell web frameworks would be
> awesome.
>
> happstack, wash, fastcgi.., turbinado, perpubplat, riviera, salvia,
> kibro, ella, what was that one launched yesterday? *ah, yesod...

I'm afraid that
  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Web_programming
has become less important since all people upload their stuff to Hackage
and get automatically indexed and visible this way. However this Wiki page
could be used by Web framework authors to advertise their frameworks, read
how other authors advertise their work and adapt the own advertising
accordingly.
  This might work like:
  "My framework can do X, but I didn't mention it, because I thought it is
trivial. However since the others find X important, I'll add that to my
feature list, too."
  "I see others support Y. I never thought about that. I'll add it to my
ToDo list."
  "I see others solve problem X the way Y, where I thought my way Z would
be the only one. So I'll mention that I solve it by Z and why I did not
choose Y.")