[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Google Summer of Code 2009

Sebastian Sylvan sylvan at student.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 11 10:05:52 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Jamie,
>
> Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 5:54:09 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Seems like it is ok to write H.264 in Haskell and released via GPL
> > license?
>
> anyway it's impossible due to slow code generated by ghc

Impossible? Really? How does performance relate to it being possible to
write? I would be surprised if it was indeed impossible to get something
that runs fine one *some* machine.
It may be difficult to beat C, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to
write something useful.

--
Sebastian Sylvan
+44(0)7857-300802