[Haskell-cafe] DPH Prelude

James Swaine james.swaine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:42:19 EST 2009

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a more in-depth explanation of
why we are (currently) restricted to using a special-purpose standard
Prelude when writing vectorised code with DPH.  We're prototyping using
several data-parallel languages for a research project here at Northwestern
University, and wanted to get a better idea how we might go about adding
vectorisation support for addtional types/operations.

There are certain simple operations which don't appear to be supported for
primitive types yet (e.g. the ^ and ** operators for an Int type).  These
are the kinds of things we'd like to look into as a first step.

Much thanks,
James Swaine