[Haskell-cafe] Haddock Markup

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Sat Feb 14 11:45:06 EST 2009

Am Freitag, 13. Februar 2009 01:30 schrieben Sie:
> On 12 Feb 2009, at 8:48 pm, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > I don’t understand this. The way which works is conversion from
> > MathML to TeX.
> > So your suggestion would be to use MathML as the source language.
> > But this is
> > obviously not what you suggest. I’m confused.
>
> It's explicit enough in the original message:
> 	Use "a substantial chunk of MathML"
> 	in "a TeX-parseable syntax".
>
> > If you want to use a subset of TeX in Haddock comments, how would
> > you render them on a webpage?
>
> I didn't say "a subset of TeX" but a subset of >>MathML<<.
>
> [explaination follows]

So you mean a language which

    * directly corresponds to a subset of MathML (and is therefore easily
    convertible into sensible MathML)

    * is at the same time valid TeX source which can be processed by TeX based
    on a few macro definitions (like \mrow)

This sounds interesting, indeed.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang