[Haskell-cafe] Re: space leak with 'concat' ?

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 12:18:02 EST 2009

it was on MS.NET 3.5
now the problem was the following

the problematic object encapsulated a running timer. on each tick of the
timer, I added an occurrence to a stream

this stream was used in another thread, but the stream itself had no
backpointer to the object that generated it

so the object that encapsulated the running timer got collected since no
pointer existed to it... and no occurrences in the stream got generated
anymore.

If the GC would consider timers as roots, then this would not be a problem I
guess.

Do you think this is something to report as a bug to Microsoft?

But this is a bit off topic in Haskell Cafe :-)