[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: pqueue-mtl, stateful-mtl

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:30:53 EST 2009

Okay, I tested it out and the arrow transformer has the same problem.  I
realized this after I sent the last message -- the point is that at any
particular point, intuitively there should be exactly one copy of a State# s
for each state thread, and it should never get duplicated; allowing other
monads or arrows to hold a State# s in any form allows them to hold more
than one, violating that goal.

I'm not entirely convinced yet that there *isn't* some really gorgeous type
system magic to fix this issue, like the type-system magic that motivates
the type of runST in the first place, but that's not an argument that such
magic exists...it's certainly an interesting topic to mull.

Louis Wasserman
wasserman.louis at gmail.com