[Haskell-cafe] Re: Low-level high-level languages?

Jon Fairbairn jon.fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 05:02:58 EST 2009

Maurí­cio <briqueabraque at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've checked this 'BitC' language (www.bitc-lang.org). It
> uses some ideas we see in Haskell, although with different
> realization, and target mainly reliable low level code,
> like micro-kernels (although I think it could be used
> anywhere C is also used, including writing libraries Haskell
> could call with FFI).
>
> Do you guys know of other languages like that that I could
> check?

Hume <http://www-fp.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/hume/index.shtml>
might be worth a look. I've never tried it, and since one of
the top chaps associated with it said to me that he loathes
Haskell, I'm not sure I should mention it here :-)

Jón Fairbairn                                 Jon.Fairbairn at cl.cam.ac.uk
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~jf/Stuff-I-dont-want.html  (updated 2009-01-31)