[Haskell-cafe] Functional GUIs again

Fraser Wilson blancolioni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:57:30 EST 2009

Now that I re-read my email, it looks like I'm saying "Username requested"
in the sense of "OK, Cafe people, treat this as a user name request and step
to it."  What I meant was that I have requested a username (via the email),
and once I have an account I'll put it on hackage.

Sorry for the confusion.

Also, a patch that derives the Monoid instance for Style has been pushed.
Let me explain why I love this mailing list.  I hadn't really looked at
Monoids, but then their utility fell out of the recent discussion about
whether they should be called Monoids or ... whatever the other name was.
And now I see them all over the place, and I'm a better person for it.

Surely this is too much to be considered actual programming!

cheers,
Fraser.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk

--