[Haskell-cafe] Re: [darcs-users] darcs and Google Summer of Code

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Thu Feb 19 09:11:55 EST 2009

Am Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009 12:37 schrieb Malcolm Wallace:
> > > Unless Google's changed things, the organization gets 500$ for each
> > > project. What the Darcs organization does with that, who knows.
> >
> > Yes, who knows. The Haskell organization didn't give a cent
> > to the mentors, as far as I know. Am I wrong here?
>
> That is correct.  The haskell.org mentors decided to spend the money on
> hosting the haskell.org and community.haskell.org web sites and
> services, to benefit the whole community rather than just themselves.

Hmm, mentoring a project also benefits the whole community and not just the
mentors. So even if mentors take the money, the community wins.

Resources are limited. The more limited a resource is, the more painful it is
to abandon parts of it. This is also true for my time. If keeping valuable
time is better for me than getting a software project done then I chose to
keep the time.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang