[Haskell-cafe] Re: speed: ghc vs gcc

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:36:15 EST 2009

nothing should stop you from writing video games in Haskell since the
control logic of many video games is written in e.g. a scripting language
like LUA :-)
sure if you want to write a physics engine in Haskell, that's something
else.

but I've worked with people that wrote physics engines in C/C++, and they
also had to hand optimize specifically for a certain compiler to get things
fast.

so some manual tweaking to Haskell could be acceptable if you want to get
high performance. and I hope that in the future the Haskell compilers will
optimize more and more and more...