[Haskell-cafe] MPTC inheritance - was operator error

Derek Gladding derek at solidmath.com
Tue Feb 24 14:33:13 EST 2009

Thanks to the kind replies I got off-list, I figured out that this was
actually operator error on my part.

class (Node a, Edge b) => Graph a b

was actually

class (Node a, Edge b) => Graph g a b

but this was in code I'd written quite some time ago and I've written a
lot of day-job C++ in the intervening period.

Main lesson learned: Read the ghc error message carefully, it contains
all the information you need.

Thankyou once again.

- Derek