[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell under OsX

Arne Dehli Halvorsen arne.d.h at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 02:17:32 EST 2009

Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
>> I'm planning to purchase a MacBookPro so I'm wondering how well
>> Haskell is supported under this platform.
>
> At least two of the regular contributors to GHC work on Macs.  That
> should ensure that Mac OS X is well supported.  Installation is
> trivial with the Mac OS X installer package:
>
>   http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_6_10_1.html#macosxintel
Hi, following on from this point:

How does one get gtk2hs running on a mac?

I have a MacBook Pro, and I've had ghc installed for some time now.

(first in 6.8.2 (packaged),
then 6.10.1 (packaged),
then 6.8.2 via macports 1.6
then 6.10.1 via macports 1.7)

I tried to install gtk2hs via macports, but it didn't work.
(0.9.12? on 6.8.2, then on 6.10.1)
Is there a recipe one could follow?
Can I get the preconditions via macports, and then use cabal to install
gtk2hs 0.10?

Grateful for assistance,
Arne D H