[Haskell-cafe] Translating an imperative algorithm - negascout

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 03:58:23 EST 2009

    Toby> But I don't want to try and refactor the code you've
    Toby> provided without some tests to ensure everything is correct.
    Toby> Rule number one for refactoring. :)

A very good reminder.

I'll write some simple (data, that is) test cases - I intend to
package it as a small library anyway - with type classes so I can
plug-in different search algorithms, and it's time I got to grips with
HUnit and QuickCheck.

   Anton> It's worth keeping in mind the lesson of the lambda
   Anton> calculus: that a local variable is just a
   Anton> function in disguise.

I'd never thought about that before.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Most helpful.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire