[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell under OsX

Arne Dehli Halvorsen arne.d.h at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:03:58 EST 2009

Thomas Davie wrote:
>> Testing out the demos, it seems it can't find
>> Graphics.UI.Gtk.Glade,
>> Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL
>> System.Gnome.GConf
>> System.Gnome.VFS
>> Media.Streaming.GStreamer
>> Graphics.UI.Gtk.MozEmbed
>> Graphics.UI.Gtk.SourceView
>> Graphics.Rendering.Cairo.SVG
> Perhaps the demos are out of date?  Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL is found
> in the OpenGL package, and System.Gnome looks unlikely to work on OS X.
Did a macports install of glade (took ages!), gtkglext, gconf, glut.
Reran configure/make/make install for gtk2hs

Also did macports install of hs-cabal, then
cabal update
cabal install opengl
cabal install glut

Was a little confused for a while because Porticus (ports GUI) was out
of date.

Maybe I could have installed ghc, hs-cabal + all gtk preconditions, and
then installed gtk2hs++ via cabal?

Anyway, the opengl demo and the glade demos run now, and if I need
mozembed and similar, I trust I will be able to get them in in a similar
way.

Thanks for helping, I am looking forward to creating GUIs.

> Bob

Arne D Halvorsen