[Haskell-cafe] Left fold enumerator - a real pearl overlooked?

Gü?nther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sat Feb 28 11:08:11 EST 2009

Hi all,

in the last few months I was looking for haskell database library,
eventually settling for HDBC (thanks John btw).

Takusen also caught my eye although I even failed installing it.

Nevertheless a particular property of takusen, left-fold-enumerator,
also sparked  my interest and I tried to follow it up.

I had the impression this is something of relevance but something that
is not mentioned or made use of often. There are actually only a few
references on the net and most of those by one person only, Oleg.

There was one post from John Goerzen about Haskell HTTP libraries in
which he hinted using left-fold enumerators.

Anyway what I'm saying is that the whole topic is somewhat off the radar
of the larger haskell community, how come, or am I merely overestimating
its relevance and usefulness?

Günther