[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-ODBC - MS-Access backend problems with inserts

Günther Schmidt redcom at fedoms.com
Fri Jan 2 08:51:17 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm using HDBC extensively in my app and it works very well. Most of the
time my app uses an Sqlite database with HDBC and no problems there.

The only problem I have is when I use it against an Access database
backend in which I want to do inserts.

Creating a connection works fine, also running queries. It only budges
when I want to do inserts.

*RedcomBatch.Export> handleSqlError $ run dbc "insert into mytable
values (?)" [toSql "dummytext"]
*** Exception: user error (SQL error: SqlError {seState = "[\"HY104\"]",
seNativ
eError = -1, seErrorMsg = "bindparameter 1: [\"98: [Microsoft][ODBC
Microsoft Ac
cess Driver]Ung\\252ltiger Genauigkeitswert. \"]"})
*RedcomBatch.Export>

Any ideas why?

Günther

The German part of the error message reads "invalid precision value"