[Haskell-cafe] How do we decide on the new logo?

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Jan 2 20:25:36 EST 2009

Fritz Ruehr schrieb:

> Without starting a war on the theory of voting systems, perhaps we
> should use a system which allows for
> a certain amount of secondary (etc.) preference to be expressed?

Give everyone 10 points and let every voter assign these points to his
favorite logos, where it is possible to give more than one of his points
to the same logo. (Or give every user one point and let him choose how
to divide this into fractions which can be assigned to logos. Or give
every voter any number of points he want and scale them to 1 afterwards.)

Another question is how to handle logos with variations. I think all
logos of one idea should be grouped and considered one object and the
favorite variant can be voted on later.