[Haskell-cafe] Re: How do we decide on the new logo?

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Jan 2 20:33:52 EST 2009

Achim Schneider schrieb:

> Step 2: Determine the winner by polling preferences, same-level
> preference (ambivalence) allowed
> (eg. place 1 for logos C and D, place 2 for A and place 3 for B)

We recently had to vote for the new design of our university's website.
This was done by asking every voter for an order of preference, with no
equal preferences allowed. However, when the maintainer of the voting
system was asked, how these answers are processed, he didn't know an
answer. I think he finally converted positions to scores and added them.
However, I suspect in chosing the scores for each position, he had an
essential influence of the outcome of the election.