[Haskell-cafe] Re: How do we decide on the new logo?

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Jan 2 22:15:10 EST 2009

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Achim Schneider wrote:

> Step 2: Determine the winner by polling preferences, same-level
> preference (ambivalence) allowed
> (eg. place 1 for logos C and D, place 2 for A and place 3 for B)

The only reasonable method of voting using this ranking data is one of the
Condorcet methods.  How you break ties doesnt matter much to me.
Wikimedia, Debian, Gentoo, and Software in the Public Intrest all use
Schulze method for what that is worth.

However, I'm more concerned about who gets to vote and how many times do
they get to vote.