[Haskell-cafe] Connect to DBMS - what's the cost

Belka lambda-belka at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 4 07:18:51 EST 2009

Hello, community people!

Is anybody aware, what aproximately is the cost for the acquiring connection
to DB (and also disconnecting from it)? I guess that may differ from DBMS to
DBMS, so I mostly am interested in PostgreSQL case, but for other DBMS it's
also good to know.

Actually, since all Haskell libraries, that provide interfaces to DBMS, use
foreign functions, - the question should be focused on commonly used C
libraries.

Thanks in advance!