[Haskell-cafe] Re: bug in HPDF?

alpheccar misc at alpheccar.org
Tue Jan 6 13:37:31 EST 2009

Roman,

The text monad is very low level and its functions are mapping
directly to the PDF text environment commands.

"text" function is generating two PDF commands : Td and Tj. In Adobe
PDF spec :

Td : Move to the start of the next line, offset from the start of the
current line by (tx , ty ). tx and ty are numbers expressed in
unscaled text space units.

Tj : Show a text string.

So, the behavior is correct and HPDF really needs a documentation :-)
and some cleaning of the API.

Thanks,
Christophe.