[Haskell-cafe] issues with posix-realtime package

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Jan 9 09:26:05 EST 2009

Hi.

I'm testing the posix-realtime package, but I have found a problem.
Configuration, build and install works well, but if I execute some code
from ghci I get:

GHCi runtime linker: fatal error: I found a duplicate definition for symbol
    __hsunix_wifexited
whilst processing object file

/usr/local/lib/posix-realtime-0.0.0.1/ghc-6.8.2/HSposix-realtime-0.0.0.1.o
This could be caused by:
    * Specifying the same object file twice on the GHCi command line
    * An incorrect `package.conf' entry, causing some object to be
      loaded twice.
GHCi cannot safely continue in this situation.  Exiting now.  Sorry.

If I comment the definition for __hsunix_wifexited, I get a duplicate
definition for symbol  pPrPr_disableITimers, and so on, for all the
definitions in HsUnix.h and execvpe.h

Thanks  Manlio Perillo