[Haskell-cafe] Shared library creating on Mac OS X

Phil pbeadling at mail2web.com
Sat Jan 10 12:17:29 EST 2009

I¹ve made a bit of progress here after reading up on Darwin¹s GCC a bit
more:

ghc --make -no-hs-main -fPIC -optl '-dynamiclib' -optl '-undefined' -optl
'suppress' -optl '-flat_namespace'  -o Inv.dylib InverseNormal.hs

This dies when it links against haskell¹s own libraries, my guess is because
they are position dependant.  So the only way I see forward would be to
recompile haskell with ³­fPIC².

This seems like a lot of hassle, so I¹m shelving this for now ­ if anyone
has any other (less distruptive) ways to proceed give me a shout ­ even if
it means linking statically.

Cheers,

Phil.

Linker error now is:

ld: warning codegen with reference kind 13 in _stg_CAF_BLACKHOLE_info
prevents image from loading in dyld shared cache
ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in
___stginit_haskell98_Array_ from
/usr/local/ghc/6.10.1/lib/ghc-6.10.1/haskell98-1.0.1.0/libHShaskell98-1.0.1.
0.a(Array__1.o) not allowed in slidable image
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status