[Haskell-cafe] Looking for Haskellers on Windows

kyra kyrab at mail.ru
Sat Jan 10 13:48:02 EST 2009

John Goerzen wrote:
> GЭnther Schmidt wrote:
>> Kyra I've tried any sort of values to any sort of columns. I tried "insert
>> into somesinglecolumntable (someNumbercolumn) values (?)" [toSql 5] ...
>> and so on.
>>
>> So I'm not certain at all the error message does actually give the right
>> clue.
>>
>> It just blows no matter what.

It seems, I've managed to track down the issue.

Access ODBC driver doesn't support sqlDescribeParam.

bindCol (Database/HDBC/ODBC/Statement.hsc) contains the following stub
for this:

           do poke pdtype #{const SQL_CHAR}
              poke pcolsize 0
              poke pdecdigits 0

This does not work.

I've made an experiment replacing 'poke pcolsize 0' with 'poke pcolsize
255'. Now all integer or varchar bindings work!

It seems simpleSqlColumns or something similar must be used.

Cheers,
Kyra