[Haskell-cafe] Understanding type synonym families

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Sun Jan 11 16:40:30 EST 2009

Hello everybody,

I think I'm finally beginning to understand how type synonym families
[1] work, in the way that works best for me: running into a problem to
which type synonyms offer a solution.

I wrote down my train of thoughts [2] and I was hoping you could give me
some feedback: are there any mistakes in my conclusions? Did I miss any
obvious corollaries? Are the points I make valid?

Also, I'm hoping it will be valuable to read for those wanting to
understand type synonym families.

Thank you in advance,

Martijn.

[1]