[Haskell-cafe] Re: Computer time, independent of date

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 06:30:03 EST 2009

>> patients, I wanted to be sure not to save wrong
>> information. It wouldn't matter if the clock is
>> saying we are on XVII century, as long as 10 seconds
>> would never be 10.1.
>>
> What are the interval durations you need to measure?
> Since they are from equipment, what is the spec?

I read from serial port. When the equipment was
available for testing, we measured the output to
be a few thowsand bytes/second. The program is
supposed to run in Windows computers at physicians
offices (and their only requirement is to be able
to run windows and have a serial port). Errors of
1 byte per second would be acceptable, even if they
accumulate.

I have no equipment specs and, right now, no
equipment to test. (Yes, I know this is crazy.) So,
I need to know what kind of problems I may expect,
so I'm able to deal with them.

Thanks,
Maurício