[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANN: ghci-haskeline 0.1

Mauricio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 09:03:26 EST 2009

>> Haskeline is designed to remove the readline dependency, because Windows
>> does not have readline.  So rlwrap is useless there.
>>

> Ah, I hadn't considered Windows support--that makes sense.  Thanks,
> that answers my questions.
>
> AHH

One nice thing would be to write something like rlwrap
that would work everywhere Haskell does. Even more
sofisticated behavior could come from some comunication
from the api, using standard OS facilities (like a file
with an updated list of completions, or something more
clever).

(For those interested: rlwrap is available in cygwin.
It used to work very well on old ghci, when line
editing wasn't available.)

Best,
Maurício