[Haskell-cafe] Re: posting newspaper article?

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 00:12:43 EST 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:22:55 -0600, "Galchin, Vasili"
<vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
>
>       I don't want to risk the ire of the Haskell Cafe community. Is there
>a moderator? I want to post an editorial by the Big Blue CEO which seems to
>me to be very
>interesting vis-a-vis the FPL community and Haskell in general. I have an
>online subscription and can post to stimulate discussion. ????

Haskell-Cafe is not moderated, but the posting guidelines are
available at "Mailing lists - HaskellWiki" (see
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists).

In general, if the quote is relevant to the functional programming
language Haskell, and falls within the guidelines listed above as well
as within the guidelines for fair use (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use), I can't see why it should
"risk the ire of the Haskell Cafe community."  The whole point of the
mailing list should be to discuss Haskell and relevant topics.

In addition, if the content of the editorial is related to
beginner-level issues, you also have the option of posting to the
Haskell-Beginners mailing list (see
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners).

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/