[Haskell-cafe] real haskell difficulties (at least for me)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 14 17:48:52 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 19:20 +0000, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> I vividle remember Dons repeatedly telling me that I should try out
> [some package who's name escapes me], and then discovering that it
> doesn't actually work on Windows at all. (Couldn't this critical
> information be included somewhere prominent on Hackage??)

This critical information should be provided on each package page on
Hackage. It's not quite as trivial as it looks however.

If you'd like to help out, we're working on a new hackage-server that
allows users to upload build reports. That way we hope to discover
automatically which packages do and do not build on various platforms.
The basics work but we need more help in polishing it up.

Duncan