[Haskell-cafe] real haskell difficulties (at least for me)

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Jan 15 08:25:11 EST 2009

Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 09:49 +0300, Eugene Kirpichov wrote:
>> Would be nice if after a failed build cabal asked whether or not to
>> upload its log immediately, and (on the hackage side) this led to an
>> email being sent to the maintainer.

> It should not be quite that synchronous but yes that's the general idea.

Perhaps the maintainer should receive a build summary at regular
intervals?  This would also work as a check whether there is a live
maintainer at the other end of the listed maintainer address.  (And
hopefully be enough of an annoyance on the libraries@ list that people
would start looking for maintainers for orphaned packages :-)

-k