[Haskell-cafe] about documentation improvements

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 09:29:55 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 15:12 +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> About latest thread on better naming and documentation improvement, why
> don't organize an interactive session where:
>
> 1) normal users tell what's wrong about a package/module documentation
> 2) the package/module author/maintainer fix the documentation in real
>     time, so that users can review it again

Along similar lines, here's a project I've been thinking about that
someone might like to try...

It's a cross between darcs and a wiki. You want to let users contribute
minor fixes to code or documentation. It's especially relevant for
trivial changes to documentation. But instead of making the change live,
it makes a darcs patch and sends it to the package maintainer.

The point is it should be as easy as a wiki to make some minor
improvement, but it does not mean your actual source code lives in a
wiki, the maintainer still has control and gets patches via their normal
source control system.

Duncan