[Haskell-cafe] Comments from OCaml Hacker Brian Hurt

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Jan 16 16:20:10 EST 2009

Thanks, Bob!  I'm with on both counts: Monad is misrepresented as central in
code composition; and (Monad m) => (a -> m b) -> (m a -> m b) is a much
nicer type (for monadic extension), only in part because it encourages
retraining away from sequential thinking.  I encountered this nicer
formulation only recently, and am glad to finally understand why I've been
so uncomfortable with the type of (>>=).

  - Conal