[Haskell-cafe] Hackage about to reach 1000 releases

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Jan 17 21:48:25 EST 2009

Hackage is about to reach the 1000 release mark, 2 years after it went
live.

That's right: in 2 years we've gone from having only a handful of
released projects, to one thousand! Well done everyone!

I did some quick visualisation of the rate of new releses, diversity of
packages, and community growth over the period:

    http://archhaskell.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/open-source-haskell-releases-and-growth/

I'm very happy about the diversity of hackage apps, and the pleasing
rate of growth of new releases.

None of this would have been possible with out thousands of hours of
work from the Cabal and Hackage hackers, the compiler teams, and the
developers themselves.

Keep churning out new and intresting code everyone!

-- Don

P.S. cabal install