[Haskell-cafe] runghc Setup.hs doitall

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Sun Jan 18 13:28:49 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 18:24 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> > In my experience, it usually fails because of missing dependencies like
> > zlib-dev on my own system, but those are easy to fix, at which point I
> > can rerun the bootstrap script.
>
> Patches accepted.

Without digressing too much, I don't think much can be done here. I
would not (and should not) expect the bootstrap.sh file to use apt to
get the missing dependencies as I had to do.

I don't think there's any general solution to this, beyond better error
handling (which apparently you just improved).

Jeff Wheeler