[Haskell-cafe] runghc Setup.hs doitall

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 13:35:49 EST 2009

On a similar note, would it not be nice if cabal install understood about
platforms and could tell you straight away that a package won't install
under e.g. windows, rather then spending ages trying and then failing
because a package tries to run a unix command?

I always get a bit annoyed trying to do anything in windows with Haskell
libraries, at the very least I'd like it to be clear from the start that
something won't work (if it's by design) so I don't waste time trying.
Ideally the hackage website would even allow you to filter packages by the
OS you're using and would remove packages that won't build on that OS (by
recursively checking dependencies too).