[Haskell-cafe] Installing GHC with libedit in nonstandard location

Grzegorz Chrupala grzegorz.chrupala at computing.dcu.ie
Sat Jan 24 10:23:04 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the GHC binary for Linux. The problem is my libedit is
in $HOME/lib instead of /usr/lib

So GHC installs but when I try to run it is fails with: error while loading
shared libraries: libedit.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
ordirectory
I tried setting LIBRARY_PATH and LD_RUN_PATH to $HOME/lib but it doesn't
help

Is there some way I can run GHC with libedit in a nonstandard location?

Thanks
--
Grzegorz