[Haskell-cafe] Re: Ann: Progress with IDE

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 20:07:20 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 16:37 -0500, Gwern Branwen wrote:

> I tried using that gtk2hs tarball. make eventually errored out as:

> glib/System/Glib/GObject.chs.pp:38: error: missing expression between
> '(' and ')'
> glib/System/Glib/GObject.chs.pp:91: error: missing expression between
> '(' and ')'
> make: *** [glib/System/Glib/GObject.chs] Error 1
>
> Any suggestions?

I've seen this occasionally. If you check gtk2hs-confg.h near the bottom
of the file you'll likely find something like

#def _GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION ()

rather than

#def _GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION (2)

It is ./configure that generates the gtk2hs-confg.h from
gtk2hs-confg.h.in based on tests in configure.ac. I've never been able
to reproduce it and when others have helped me investigate we did not
find a solution or indeed a cause.

If you'd like to do some digging it'd be much appreciated. I'm cc'ing
the gtk2hs-users list just in case someone else has already diagnosed
this.

Duncan