[Haskell-cafe] hmatrix, Windows and GCC

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto RafaelGCPP.Linux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:33:20 EST 2009

   Hi all,

I am writing a program that uses hmatrix for solving some linear systems.
The hmatrix package depends on BLAS, which, in turn, depend on GCC 4.2 to be
built (at least ATLAS does).

GHC 6.10 for Windows is pre-packaged with GCC 3.4.5, and it leaves me with
the impression that I would have incompatible ABIs.

My questions:

1) Why GHC 6.10 still uses GCC 3.4.5 in Windows? I know mingw considers GCC
4.2 to be alpha, but, lets face it, 4.2 is almost obsolete!
2) Is it possible to rebuild GHC 6.10, using Windows and GCC 4.2? Is there
any guide for doing this?
3) Has any of you tried hmatrix on Windows? How did you do it?

Thanks,

Rafael

--
Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto