[Haskell-cafe] Re: Monades - I've got it! (hopefully)

Sebastian Sylvan sylvan at student.chalmers.se
Wed Jan 28 04:31:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Johannes Waldmann <
waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:

> > > About the prestress, that's one of the motivations behind renaming
> > > them ("warm fuzzy thing" is the current tongue-in-cheek alternative).
>
> in F# they renamed "Monad" to "Workflow",
> see e.g. Chapter 9 (p. 230) in the "Expert F#" book.
> http://www.expert-fsharp.com/default.aspx

I thought it was called "computation expressions",and workflow was just a
special case (e.g. asynchronous work flows for the async monad)?
See e.g.
http://blogs.msdn.com/dsyme/archive/2007/09/22/some-details-on-f-computation-expressions-aka-monadic-or-workflow-syntax.aspx

--
Sebastian Sylvan