[Haskell-cafe] WYSIWYG literate programming

Ilmari Vacklin ilmari.vacklin at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Jan 29 09:34:30 EST 2009

2009/1/27 Massimiliano Gubinelli <m.gubinelli at gmail.com>:
> Thanks, I know LyX. Of course this is mostly personal taste but I think
> TeXmacs as a technically superior piece of software (even if it does not
> seems so at first look) and moreover the idea is also to have interactive
> sessions and I'm not sure LyX allows this. In any case I do not want to
> start some quarreling about "the best editor" or whatever, just take a nice
> software to the attention of the list.

I second this. TeXmacs is a very pleasant editor for mathematical
texts--I prefer it over LaTeX, even with LyX or Emacs, unless I need
specific LaTeX packages. I've wanted to write a Haskell plugin for
TeXmacs, but I'm not very good at Scheme, so it might be too much for
me at this time.

Anyway, I recommend taking a look at TeXmacs for all your maths writing needs.

Cheers,
--
Ilmari Vacklin