[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why binding to existing widget toolkits doesn't make any sense

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 07:54:10 EST 2009

Hi Conal,
Do you have any links to this interesting work of Jefferson Heard? Blogs or
something? I failed to Google it, I mainly found his OpenGL TrueType
bindings on Hackage and his beautiful
http://bluheron.europa.renci.org/docs/BeautifulCode.pdf

Regarding semantics, modern GPUs are able to render 2D graphics (e.g. filled
or stroked curves) as real functions / relations; you don't need fine
tessellation anymore since these computational monsters have become so fast
that per pixel inside / outside testing are feasible now. It's basically a
simple form of real-time ray-tracing :)  A quick search revealed another
paper using these techniques
http://alice.loria.fr/publications/papers/2005/VTM/vtm.pdf

Cheers,
Peter