[Haskell-cafe] first project. code reviews?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Fri Jul 10 17:20:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Jared Jennings <jjenning at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've written a parser for OFX 1.x (these are the files you can
> download from most banks detailing recent account activity).
>
> I'm not sure I've written it well. This is my first serious thing in
> Haskell.

At a quick glance I can give some stylistic feedback:

* I like to have at least 1 blank line between functions
* Add type signatures for top level definitions, this helps later on
* More haddocks next to function definitions :)

I didn't read your code deeply enough to comment on the way you used things,
named stuff, built abstractions, etc.

Jason